Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Patience Little Puppy; The Internet Will be Online Shortly

Today, I have made technological history. I, for the first time in my life, am posting a blog entry from a laptop. I've had a laptop before; fourteen years ago. Those were my college days. Dad Dick gave me a laptop for my use in college. I remember this particluar portable computer being much smaller than what I'm using now. Color screens were a luxury, and public access to the internet was in its infancy. By the way, Windows 3.1 was advenced technology.

After my one year of college ( I decided having kids was a higher priority at that time.), Dad Dick took the laptop of old on a trip. Coming back, explicative Dick decided it was a good idea to check the computer in his luggage. He never did bother replacing the newly cracked lcd screen. Apparently, it wasn't worth his time to replace something that he didn't choose to own.

Please note, this computer situation is not why I strike out the word dad. That is for another post; waiting for a most opportune moment. This is a story about computers, not about why I disown Dick Fife as family relation.

With several factors to consider, including the growing internet needs of our family, Bigboy felt inspired to treat me to my very own laptop. After much consideration and shopping, we came to a life changing decision. Not only did I need a laptop, we needed a new desktop as well. The computer we've owned for the five years couldn't handle supporting the router for my computer. It's a well experienced machine, and probably be replaced.

The laptop came home Thursday. The new desktop came home Friday night. Today, Bigboy has been playing with his new toys. I honestly believe testosterone gets its kicks out of playing with things invloving cords and plugs. His side of the story may be slightly different. In his world, I was more excited than him. I can't say that is completely true.

However, I can say I wanted to take a short break from filing. The new desktop was connected to the internet. The perfect opportunity to check my hit counter had arrived. Bigboy would say I was more excited than he was; something like the dog in this:


This video has been provided by Disney Tube, the exercising of my skill in copying and pasting code, and my newly learned skill in inserting YouTube video into my blog. You can find this video my searching "Over The Hedge" in YouTube.

He caught me redhanded online, on a brand new desktop with no antivirus, firewall, or spam protection. Honestly, I didn't know. I figured that kind of important stuff was done already.

Eventually, he did tell me to calm down and turn on my laptop while he installed the printer, and a few other things for the network between all three computers. I turned out to be one happy puppy.

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!