Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Day At a Time

Craving for sugar come, leaving me two choices. Do I accept cake, and candy? Or, do I refuse over processed carbohydrates? Today is Day 23, and I’m refusing sugar cravings again today. I have to take this one day at a time. I have 25 days left until Easter. I know I can get through this.

I thought I was through the cravings stage. My first week found not only a horrible state of depression, but a mountainous slew hazing and personal torment from family and friends. Being the good sport I am, I took all of this in stride, and laughed right along with them.
I love my friends dearly. All the hazing I’ve taken from them has given me a good opportunity to laugh at my sugar fasting. By the third day, the razing from the family, I was in tears. Never before this had I realized I was using sweets as a cover for depression.

Needless to say, I cried all the way through my second week. Short tempered was the pleasant description for my behavior. I was vocal and angry enough to make a sailor blush. I managed to come out of that second week completely sugar free. Remaining days shouldn’t have been any problem. Yeah, right.

This last week, I’ve wanted everything I can get my hands on with sugar. I have forced myself into denial of temptation. Grocery stores carry candy and ice cream isles, bakeries, and soda displays. Beadgirl caught me as I tried to ask her to share her skittles. She reminded me again a few days ago. Certain trail mix contains candy.

I’ve faired much better over yesterday and today. I know I can get through this. Taking a sacrifice like this works best when you take each day one at a time. I also know that come Easter, I’ll be a much healthier person. Each day is a today. As long as I remember this each morning, I’ll be fine. Today, I’m not having any sugar. Tomorrow will be another today. I believe I do have it in me to make it to Easter.

One day at a time.

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!