Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

That Darned Carrot Cake

Well, I guess one good thing coming out of Lent this year is my ability to laugh at my own personal issues. I asked my dear Bigboy if he would have razzed me like he has if this was alcohol and not sugar. "Of course not," he said. I don't think he's ever felt any kind of addiction to anything the way my sweet tooth screams for sugar. The most sympathetic people to my personal cause are former alcoholics and drug users.

Initially, I had considered giving up soda from Ash Wednesday until Easter. The reality of that situation is the reverting to candy and donuts in place of soda. Why? I crave sugar. Is all of this sugar good for me? Absolutely NOT. I was doing very well for the fifth day of Lent. I went all week without sugar in my coffee, candy, donuts, sugared soda, sugared deserts, yada yada.

And then there was carrot cake. I haven't had carrot cake in several months. We were at the Kitsap Peninsula Shrine Club and there was carrot cake. Somehow, it ended up at my place. Out of the mysteries of nowhere, a spoon for eating cake appeared. Within seconds, carrot cake left the plate and made its way through my digestive tract.

MMMMMMMM. Sugar is SOOOO GOOD.

And now for the rest of the story:

I cried on the way home and I think all the night. This has been a very difficult entry for me. I began it Sunday night. I had to put it aside and finish it tonight because I kept crying over the whole situation.

Blogging is a blessing in my life. It gives me the ability to laugh at my life in public. Living the life of a hectic Homeschooler is difficult. Kids are always whining, husbands are always needing, Beadgirl is beading, laundry is always washing (never to be put away of course), Bigfoot is growing, dishes are always dirty, masons are dining, I seem to always be driving, I have to laugh at everything going on around me. My Grandmother once said, “There ain’t no happiness in this old world, you’ve just got to be happy without it.” It’s not an easy thing to remember. Every once in a while, I have to remind myself of the fact that if you’re not having any fun, you’re not living out your life well. Even when everything around gets rotten, you just need to remember, there is a light at the other end of the tunnel.

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!