Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Has the party ended?

Oh well, the end is here. The Ultimate Blog Party is over for 2008. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to visit all 1470 party guests. I only got up to number 200 on the Mister Linky list. yesterday, I had too much to do to even visit anybody.

My deserts of choice last night were two different cobblers. One was my classic apple/blueberry, the other was apple/blueberry/strawberry. I saved myself time at home by making the crumble here at home, then putting everything together and baking there.

My crumble is fairly easy to make. I'll be sweet and give you the recipe.

Cobbler Crumble
(enough for two or more cobblers)

3 cups flour, don't worry about running through a sifter, you can get away with stirring with a spoon
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, does not need to be well packed
1 cup oatmeal, any kind works. Right now, I have the regular stuff
2 sticks butter or margarine

In a large mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients, except the oatmeal (add that at the end) . If you wish, add some fun spices like nutmeg or cinnamon. I typically only use those for straight apple cobbler. But, have fun and play with this. Make it your own. Post a comment later to let me know what you did to it.

Cut in the two sticks of butter, and blend until crumbly. I still haven't unpacked my mixer, so I do things the pre-electricity way; I use a pastry blender. You can use a mixer if you like. Add the oatmeal and fold into mix.

In a casserole dish or two, or a dutch oven if you like, pour crumble over fruit of choice. I do not use pie mix. I prefer to use fresh or frozen fruit. Pie mix tends to have too much sugar and liquid for my preference. Besides, its precooked and you loose flavor in the fruit. Pie mix is for pies, not cobblers in my world.

Bake everything for about an hour at 350 or 375. It depends on how cooperative your oven is. serve this with whipped cream, cool whip, or ice cream. Drizzle caramel or chocolate if you wish. Enjoy and Have Fun!

By the way, in case you missed someone during the Ultimate Blog Party, you can still get to the Mister Linky. Have fun!

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!