Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Good Morning Monday

And what a glorious Monday it was today. The sun was shining, a rare occurrence here in Western Washington. The temperature wasn't too cold, not freezing (at this point in the day), but still too cold for me to sit outside and read a book, or do anything outside for an extended period of time. The grass was green. Of course, the grass is always green until the middle of summer. Banks were closed, which means Bigboy has the day off.

A day off for Bigboy is a good thing. I don't have to wake up before the crack of dawn, make his breakfast and lunch, drive him to the ferry, come back home, and attempt another two hours of sleep. I set the alarm for seven. Most of the time, I wake up sometime around nine. Anytime after eight dramatically messes with the day.

Today is special. Bigboy slept until six, and took off fishing. He came back with two bites but no catches. I do have faith that someday fish tails will be as long as the tales he brings home. Bigboy comes back refreshed and accomplished from his trips. Hopefully, someday I will understand the peace he finds in fishing.

On very few days, can I feel complete until I have done something productive. Today was a blessing of that nature. Schoolwork has been completed, a miracle in itself. Laundry has been washed, just not put away of course. The bathroom has been cleaned, a chore I can't stand. Floors have been swept and mopped. Beadgirl's room has been put back together now that she has her new furniture. Bigfoot has a clean room. On top of

I'm thankful for today. It's not every day I have this kind of blessing.

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!