Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm not busy! I'm NOT, I'm NOT, I'm NOT!!!

First thing's first. I have to get this off my chest.

Sabrina, I'll miss you! I'm so shocked you got voted off the show. For those of you who don't follow Dancing With the Stars, or haven't found out yet, you can read on it here.

Sabrina is extremely talented. She has a fabulous track record of working to inspire kids in physical fitness. There was still much grace for her to learn on the dance floor.

As for Dancing With the Stars, I always end up wishing the first two to go could stay for just one more week before they have to leave. There is so much to learn in ballroom dancing, that I just don't feel some of these people learn everything that can keep them on the show in the less time they end up having. This season has seen some great attitudes about leaving the show. I was quite put off by Lelia Ali last season when she came in third place.


And now, Ladies and Gentlemen: Back to Life.

The washer died Monday night. Not knowing any better, I washed one of my husband's work shirts, forgot to put it in the dryer Sunday night, and so by the time I woke up Tuesday morning, I had this WET shirt to press. Normally, if I forget the dryer stage, I can pull it from the washer and press his shirts dry, or at least relatively dry. This was no where close to dry. I couldn't press it anywhere near dry for the life of me. As blessings would go, he was able to procure a dry, new shirt for yesterday. Today, the wet thing was dry enough for him to wear under a coat. According to him, it was dry by midday.

We skipped taking the kids to karate last night and opted for buying a newer washer and dyer at our local appliance store. They wonderful gentlemen delivered them today. I'm now washing hubby's work clothes. Next in line is all the hand washing I've neglected to do on a regular basis since my HE machine died. This new machine has a handwash cycle on it. It'll definitely be used well.

I'm not busy! How can I be busy?

In organizational leadership, there is a trick to getting anything done. Just ask the busiest person. For some reason, I can't figure out why I was asked to step up as the new committee chair of my son's Boy Scout Troop. I am seriously considering taking this position. His troop is one that needs help in the mentorship department. I'm a good candidate for this gig since I've grown up in the Scouting community. This will only add to my schedule, a gazillion phone calls, meetings, phone calls, and meeting. Did I mention the phone calls and meeting?

It's not the amount of time this will take that I'm worried about.as long as I have time to blog and play computer games, I have time for anything that needs me.

Technological update: I'm still trying to figure out how to RSS feed this blog with my Yahoo 360. For some reason, when I tried to RSS this over there, it system couldn't find it. I'd like to know how to RSS feed both of them to each other.

Oh, and Happy Halloween! We'll be at the Given's Community Center in Port Orchard, WA. Lon is working with the Kitsap County Shrine Club. You may even find me there too. I do plan on taking pictures.

Have fun!

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!