Looking for something? Search for it here:


Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I can write at night, Right?

Okay, so here I am, typing at 9:30 at night. Why? because I want to. Kids are in bed, dh is taking care of business. My work is done for the day. I think.

Laundry has been washed; put away is another story. Uniform shirts have been washed and pressed for the remainder of the week.

The dishwasher has been run. Yes, dishes were in it when it was started. Children have been fed, for the umpteen millionth time.

Words have been spelled for everyone else in the family. I am still struggling with the fact that I am the only person here who knows how to spell anything.

Loan papers for our house have been signed. This one seems like the accomplishment of a lifetime. Actually getting laundry completely put away would be the next major accomplishment around here.

Laundry never gets put away. Everything gets heaped in a pile of clean clothes in my room. Clean laundry has to go in my room because there is no other room in al of our glorious, luxurious 850 square feet. There was the one day in August I almost got everything put away that didn’t need to be pressed or matched (such as socks). Then the window guy to come to our house.

This was crazy to the point I wanted to scream. Dear hubby had two weeks of vacation at the end of August. Instead of going anywhere, we stayed at home and took care of business we might not normally get to. He decided it would be a great idea to have window guys come over. Notice I used the plural form of the word. Yes, GUYS. He decided to schedule TWO appointments for window people to show off their stuff on the same day. That’s all fine and dandy if they leave before the cable guy comes install the broadband internet line. AND IF THEY LEAVE BEFORE AN AGENT BRINGS PEOPLE OVER!!!

At this point in the year, our house was still on the market. We were almost to the one year anniversary of our listing and we had already set a new record in Kitsap County for the highest number of personal showings and internet viewings. This is not a record I’m entirely proud of. We had a showing appointment for that evening after 5. Everything should work out according to me. The cable guy was coming over sometime between noon and four. I new about the window guy coming in the morning. I didn’t know the second guy would be at our house practically for dinner. He NEVER left! I think he might still be here trying to tell me pointless stories about his former life as an ADHD child in Florida. He was still there when people came to see the house. He even left after they left! We ended up going out to dinner that night. I think that’s how we got him to actually leave and go home for the day. That’s also how laundry never got finished.

Let’s see how far I get this time.

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!