Looking for something? Search for it here:

Pages

Friday, April 11, 2008

Time for a Walk

Warning: the following post contains events and activities of strange nature. Taking part in activities of this nature can be extremely dangerous to your health. I don't highly recommend regular participation in this type of behavior on a regular basis. Not every day in a person's life should someone just get out of a vehicle and walk down the middle of a major freeway. Walking in the middle of traffic will ultimately result in death in most circumstances.

Therefore, as of this point, if you or someone you know chooses to walk down the middle of a major interstate, I AM BY NO MEANS RESPONSIBLE. Under no circumstances shall I take any responsibility for the behavior of people dumb enough to walk or run down any busy highway. I do not, under any circumstances, give permission to participate in this activity.

Please do take consideration in understanding that this may be a common practice of some people in the state of California. Only in California, does one see billboards along I-5 recommending a 55 mph speed because you might hit some poor mother with two kids running across the freeway. This I never believed actually happens until I saw it on TV one night.

With that said, here's a sample of just what I did today:Yes, this is me standing next to the Expedition of a good friend. Located on I-90 in the wonderful Snoqualmie Pass, we were waiting for an avalanche to clear from the highway. Since our travel to Yakima was interrupted temporarily, I chose to stretch my legs. Yes, I took a walk on the highway. I don't encourage walking like this in the middle of the road on a regular basis. My excuse? Traffic was stopped. We knew we had a wait. Semi long haulers had shut off their engines, and some were taking naps. I drive all morning long for my job. The last thing I need to do is sit for hours waiting for traffic to move. I decided to take a walk.The Little-Big Brother and Bigboy chose to get out of the truck as well. They just didn't choose to walk with me.I have to admit, I think I may have had them well worried when traffic started moving again. I did make it safely back to our little clan, considering I decide to get out of the lanes and onto the shoulder.

Just remember, I don't recommend walking down the middle of highways with fast moving traffic. If you do choose to walk down highways in stopped traffic, do so with intelligence.

0 Thoughts for the Day:

Post a Comment

Sharing our thoughts is fun. Let me know what you think. Have yourself a GREAT Day!